26 Oct Everything I Have Bought From Goop, and what I’ve ordered again
Are you a Gywneth fan? Though I have certainly rolled my eyes over the years at some of her comments, her charm cannot be denied. I actually had a real life encounter with Mrs. Goop years ago in London. Her and Chris Martin were dining a table over from me and I tried to play it so cool (failed). She was gorgeous and glowing and I fell in love with her because she ordered pasta and drank her red wine with abandon. My dreams of talking to her died when I saw her speed off in her Prius, but in my head we we’re going to become best friends during a well timed bathroom break.
In my mind we sort of are friends. She is the gal I look to for great advice, wellness secrets, and clean beauty options that actually work. I have fallen for the whole Goop’d up world she is creating, should I be proud or worried? ha
The girl knows how to market as well. Since quarantine started a billion months ago, #selfcare was one of the most trending topics. And with good reason as we had more time to reflect on how we take care of ourselves and the products we use. I figure a few swap outs to cleaner items cannot hurt and luckily I tried some things that are incredibly effective.
- I am on my third round of the Vintner’s Daughter Essence & Serum. It is pricey, but worth every penny. My skin drinks it up in the morning and brings a glow no other cream has given me.
- I just ordered a second jar of this Body Butter. My only complaint is that it is pricey for the amount and I went through it fast. I love that it helps with skin tightening and absorbs so well.
- I truly love a bath now (can’t believe I am saying that!) and this soak is legit. I use it every once in awhile when I really need to relax.
- A splurge you will not regret is a silky, long Natalie Martin maxi dress. I live in mine and love how luxurious it feels even when I am just puttering around the house.
- This Nécessaire body wash sells out all the time. And while I liked it, it did not wow me enough to order again.
- I ordered these pans for the “green” factor and the sweet color. They have been put to very good use and I want to up the ante and get these next.
- This is by far the best sweatshirt I have bought in awhile, but it is sold out. This or this is a great alternative. Saving my money for the sweater version.
- I have never taken vitamins in my life, but the description for these got me and felt like the timing was right. I plan on ordering again but can’t say I see any significant changes a few weeks in. I also like that it comes in a little packet as I would never take these many pills from different jars. So lazy!
- GP swears by this instant facial and while I liked it, I did not reorder. I use a different exfoliant every day so it was kind of over kill. But I would try if you are looking for one.
- These zit stickers are SO good for those painful underground chin zits. You have to use it right when you start to feel one coming, but I swear it helps.
- I still do not understand the body brush. Plus it kind of hurts!
- This body lotion was a bust. Not moisturizing for me and I did not love the smell.
- I wear an eye mask every night, but this slip one is the nicest I have used by far. I would give this a reorder, it is just a little bot more snug than I am used to.
- I LOVE this sweet lip pot. The color is perfection and it is ultra moisturizing.